Thursday, September 1, 2011

September

Yeah it's September, the first day of September. It gives me hope and it gives me chill. Just hear very sad news last night that our closest friend's husband who's been struggling with liver cancer just passed away. It was just 1.5 months from when my dear friend found out what her husband had. Too quick, too sad, I really can't imagine how she's feeling. I called her last night, she was pretty strong on the phone, she was about to go home and pick up his clothes for his last bath.
My mind went back thru our high school time, we knew each other thru high school, we giggled, laughed, cried, gossiped, and all. It was a group of 10, and I remember how we always share who we were flirting with, who we had feeling to, but this particular friend was always there for me. I could always ask her to go and hung out with me anytime, even after we got spread out thru college years. She'd always been the one that I call for Saturday lonely night, she would always said sure come by and let's go somewhere. It's kind of sad when this happen I can't be there for her, for at least give her hug and support.
I never really had a chance to know her husband, I remember only one time about 11 years ago when I went back to Indonesia and about to get married, she just had her baby girl, I met her husband right then, but it was a very quick one, and never after that had any chance to know him more. He worked out of town, he'd always been away for months and came home for a couple of weeks and back right after that. These last 6 years that I've visited, I got together with her and the other friends, but never saw him. This last June when I told one of the friend that I'd be on vacation there I actually asked if we can have a get together with all of our spouses, too many of the spouses that I don't really know, I didn't even go to any of their wedding, but that didn't happen, only the girls that made it, I should've pursued that, I would probably be able to get the last chance to know him.

I will pray and hope that she and her daughter will be able to go through this tough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment